What is brain fog? This might be the first time that you heard about this as this is not really an accepted medical term. However, this has been used a number of times when one will describe the feeling of vagueness, confusion, lack of focus and mental clarity. It is actually like your mind is clouded, thus the term “fog”. This occurrence is quite common though but this does not mean that this is normal as this is still an abnormality. Why does brain fog happens to a person like what triggers this occurrence? Does it just happen out of the blue?
Of course when it comes to abnormalities, there are always reasons and that includes brain fog. The most common of this are:
- You did not eat the right food – yes, this is the usual culprit. In other words, you are eating the wrong kinds of foods.
- Too much or too low on sugar
- Low-fat diets
- Food allergies
- Wheat brain
- Food additives
- Caffeine withdrawal
There is only one solution when this is the reason for your brain fog. You eat the right kinds of foods. You can also find out more about the vitamins for brain fog as they can also help in preventing this to happen to you.
- Lack of nutrients – there are times when you think you are already eating healthy but wonder why you still experience brain fog. This is because your brain needs all the nutrients it can get to operate smoothly. And when that will be deprived, this can generate brain fog at times. Here are some of the deficiencies that can lead up to brain fog:
- Vitamin B12 – animal products
- Vitamin D – sun exposure
- Omega-3 – fatty fish such as sardines and salmon
What you can do when this is the reason for your brain fog is to take multivitamins.
- Stress – this should be on top of the list actually as when you are too stressed, you can’t really think clearly. Some of the best solutions for this are:
- Mind, body relaxation techniques
- Physical inactivity – when you are always idle, there is a good chance your body will lack endorphins which will be increased through physical workouts. It is even said that working out every day is the best thing you can do for your mind and body to stay healthy.
- Toxins in your environment – the world is full of toxins and if your place is not that clean, there are also chances that there are already a good amount of toxins lurking in its corners. The best way to deal with this is to maintain cleanliness in your place.
Indeed brain fog can happen to anyone. However, knowing the cause of this abnormality should be able to help you find solutions. It is just a good thing that there are vitamins you can take so that this can be addressed and maybe, prevented at the same time.
David claims that brain fog can be prevented with the right vitamins. He believes that one should take care of his health by taking the right types vitamins.